Thursday, November 1, 2007

Fall Felted Bag Exchange...

Sadly, I haven't recieved anything yet, but I'm assured that it was sent out yesterday bu my partner. Hope it arrives soon!
I can safely post pics of the bag that I had sent to my assigned partner. A bit disheartening that she seems less than enthisiastic about it, because I sure put alot of thought into both the bag and the goodies that were sent.







The pattern is "The Sheep Tote" from Fibretrends. I've been wanting to make it for sometime, so this gave me a good opportunity to try it out. It's made from Cascade 220, Turquoise and Magenta. I also added a touches of fair isle on the side pockets.











I personally love this bag and plan to make one for myself. I needlefelted the swirl design onto the front using a handspun roving from the woman that makes and sells Padraigs Cottage slippers.








I stuffed it full! Hersheys Chocolate flavored lip balm, chocolate, two balls os SWS wool and a pattern for the Multidirectional scarf, little snippet scissor, gum....










See the cool pocket? I picked that up some time ago and have been looking for a good use for it! I attached it with a snap so that it can be removed as needed.


I forgot to send a bag pattern (one of the requirements for the swap) so I purchased and emailed Chrissie P. one for the 'B4 Bag'. No comments from her...hope she likes the package and appreciated the work that went into it...maybe I'll hear from her again when she feeling more up.... Kind of discouraging and sort of puts me off future exchanges...


6 comments:

Penny said...

I love the bag you sent to your partner and I love the colors you used also. You did a great job and should be very pleased with it and yourself.
AH another item for my to do list as I want to make one for myself now
OOPs I forgot to send my partner a copy of the bag pattern I felted her.

vegasangelbrat said...

Oh what a great job on the bag Cathy!! So sorry that your pal is less than excited about it, I love it..love the pockets and the one that can be unattached is such a neat idea!! I'd be proud too if I were you :) Great job!
If I ever get this knitting down that would be one to try, but not sure aobut needle felting..lol

Nancy @ the Jersey Shore said...

I LOVE that bag. You did a great job on it. Sorry your partner was not as enthused. My own downstream, well, I didn't even get an acknowlegement. I'd have taken less than enthused!

Dorothy said...

Cathy, the bag is gorgeous! I'm sure that Chrissie loves it and just didn't manage to convey that to you. The pocket is definitely cool!

jopal said...

Great job Penny! I love the bag, great colors!
I have had problems with some swap partners never responding to a package. It is discouraging but I find most swaps work out fine. I won't let a few bad apples upset me enough to quit exchanges. Hang in there!

Shawnee said...

What an adorable bag you made! Good job!!