Monday, October 15, 2007

FFBE Weekly Question #4


What was your favorite Halloween costume ever - for you? I once made a costume where I was a tree (yes, a tree), and my husband was a tree surgeon ("Dr. I.M Woodee"-- I know what you might be thinking...). My costume was made of thin foam rubber, painted to look like a tree trunk, while the branches and leaves were made using construction paper leaves on pipe cleaner branches...al attached to a very large straw hat! We won first prize that year. It was a very creative costume to say the least.


For your kids, if you have them? I have two favorites for our son, both hand made by moi. One year he went as a lobster, and another year he dressed as Santa Claus, complete with his 'Santa Sack" loot bag. I love finding unique costumes!


Why did you enjoy it so much? I guess I'm still a kid at heart and love to see the creative designs that people come up with. I think the worst are ready made store bought, no thought-type costumes, though I realize that some mom's and dad's have no time to sit and make something by hand. I think if you're going to purchase a costume, do something to it to make it unique and make it your own.


Do you still dress up now? Does a witch cackle? Does a ghost say "BOO"?


Chat a bit about your traditions for dressing up on All Hallow's Eve! Our traditional supper has always been home made turkey soup and hot dogs. The soup is made from the turkey that we have on Thanksgiving Day (October here in Canada). We eat by 5:30pm so that we can be ready to greet Trick-or-Treaters or head out the door ourselves for a little All Hallow's Eve fun.

Now that our son is in his late teens, we enjoy decorating the house and yard, and greeting the ghouls! When my son was "too old" to trick or treat, we would dress up and go collecting candy for the kids at the local hospital who were unable to enjoy in the fun.

1 comment:

Dorothy said...

Sounds like you have a great Halloween!