Thursday, August 23, 2007

Fall Felted Bag Exchange Questionnaire

1) How long have you been knitting or crocheting? How did you learn? or from whom? I have been knitting since I was a liitle girl. I became a serios yarnoholic a few years ago when I picked up the needles again. I learned from my Mom and my Nana, have developed new skills either self taught or through fellow crafters.

2) What was your first felted object, and why did you decide to try felting? My first felted project was a hat (pattern by Lewiscraft) and a Lucy Bag. I had been given this lovely wool Briggs & Litle from a co-worker who refused to allow me to pay her for it. She was off to school in Regina (very chilly winters!) so I madfe her the bag and hat combo as a "Thank you" for the yarn and a gift for school and friendship.

3) What are your favorite colors? Any you hate? I like all sorts of colors and combinations from the spectrum. I can either go very earthy and neutral or swing the opposite way and go with combos of ecclectic colors such as mixing browns with blues, oranges with burgandy...whatever the mood. I don't think I have any dislikes when knitting.

4) What are your favorite styles\types of bags? (Long straps? Short handles? Handbags?
Totes? Embellished? Plain? Include links to patterns or photos if you’d like – give your pal an idea of what you enjoy!) The only type of felted bags I'm not into for myself are 'frou-frou" type bags. I'm more casual and tend to lean towards totes and handbags that allow me room to either use for everyday or carrying a project. Handles are variable...I use both straps and carrying handles. Pockets are especially handy. I've never embellished a bag for myself and would love to have a bag that has that little extra. I'll add links to some patterns that I've made or have been drawn to in the next day or so...!

5) What handbag or bag are you carrying today? Do you use a separate bag to carry your knitting? At the moment, I'm carrying either my Booga Bag or my shoulder sling type backpack from Mountain Equipment Coop

6) What other things do you enjoy knitting or crocheting? Scarves, sweaters, felted slippers. I'm trying lace at the moment with a DK weight wool from Fleece Artist.

7) What sort of needles do you enjoy working with? (straights vs circs, bamboo vs aluminum) I like circs. Susan Bates are great with the black cable and smooth metal needles. I've knit with all types of needles and it really depends on the type of project and yarn I'm working with.

8) What’s one project you’ve not yet tried but are dying to make?
A bowling bag http://www.theanticraft.com/archive/beltane07/bowlingbag.htm
I'd like to try socks some time.

9) What’s one yarn you’ve not yet tried but are dying to work with? Sea Silk, Noro Silk

10) What other hobbies do you have? Do you spin? Sew? Garden? Gardening, walking my dog, internet games and searching, reading, crochet, machine knitting

11) Besides yarn, do you collect anything? Yup, I'm a pack rat! Serious though, I don't collect anything in particular.

12)What kind of goodies do you enjoy? Sweets? Salty? Anything you hate or are allergic to? No allergies and yes, I live my snack foods of all types! I tend to stay away from hot and spicy. I love nuts and dried fruit, chocolate, and salty snacks.

13) Do you have any kiddos? (Furry kind count!) One son (17yrs), a dog (black lab x), a chinchilla, and a rabbit. I've been married to a wondeful guy for 20 years.

14) What kind of project best personifies you and why? I like immediate gratification where I can quickly see the results. If a project takes too long I get bored, put it down and start anther. Couldn't tell you how may WIP I have on the go right now! Felted bags are great, allowing my creativity and ability to add different elements...sewn lining, leather straps, etc.

15) What is your favorite part of Autumn? You can also share a special Autumn memory if you'd prefer! The changing of the colors. Nature sure is amazing! I love to walk my dog on those evenings when you still need a fleece, but it's not yet too cold, the autumn sun shining, and the smells of the damp forest.

16) Tell us 3 things you would do if you won 10 million dollars in the lottery. 1) Pay off all debts and put my son into chef school. 2) Vacation! 3) Buy property and build a home on either the Sunshine Coast or Vancouver Island.

2 comments:

Pennie said...

Bowling bag - humm, never thought about a knitted bowling bag before that could look really cool -

I have attempted socks but I frogged them, to small of needles and then you have to make another to have the pair LOL

Knit'inCrazee.... said...

Love your blog!

Keep up the great work!

Cathy in OHIO